CAR KEY REPLACEMENTs
CAR ACCESS & ENTRY
REQUEST A QUOTATION
AAKEYS is a trusted and reliable auto locksmith local business. We specialize in unlocking, repairing, and replacing the locking systems of vehicles, and we have extensive experience working with a wide range of vehicle models, including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Our skilled technicians are equipped with state-of-the-art tools and equipment to provide fast and reliable emergency lockout services 24/7.
In addition to emergency lockout services, we offer key replacement and duplication, rekeying of locks, and repairing damaged or faulty locking mechanisms. Our team is committed to providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that our clients are satisfied with our services every time.
If you’re looking for a professional and affordable auto locksmith service, look no further than AAKEYS. We are dedicated to providing fast and reliable solutions for all your auto locksmith needs, and we strive to exceed your expectations every time.
Car Key Replacement and Key Repairs FAQ
What is car key replacement?
- Car key replacement is the process of creating a new key for a vehicle when the original key is lost, stolen, damaged, or no longer functional. It typically involves cutting a new key and, in many modern vehicles, programming it to work with the car’s security system.
When do I need a car key replacement?
- You may need a car key replacement if you’ve lost your key, it’s been stolen, your key is damaged, or it’s no longer working as it should. Additionally, if you have only one key for your car, it’s advisable to get a spare to avoid potential issues.
How do I find a qualified locksmith for car key replacement?
- Look for locksmiths with experience in automotive services. Read reviews, check for certifications, and ask for recommendations from friends or family.
Can any locksmith provide car key replacements?
- Not necessarily. Car key replacement often requires specific knowledge and equipment, especially for modern vehicles with transponder keys or keyless entry systems. It’s best to seek a qualified automotive locksmith.
What types of car keys can be replaced?
- Car key replacement services cover a wide range of key types, including traditional keys, transponder keys, remote keys, and keyless entry fobs.
How long does it take to get a car key replacement?
- The time required for car key replacement can vary based on the complexity of the key and the specific service provider. In many cases, it can be done within a few hours.
Can I replace a lost key with just the vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)?
- It depends on the vehicle’s make and model. While some older vehicles can have keys made using the VIN, many modern cars require the physical key or key code for security reasons.
What is key programming, and why is it necessary for car key replacement?
- Key programming is the process of configuring a new key to work with your vehicle’s immobilizer or security system. It’s necessary for most modern cars with transponder keys or keyless entry.
Are car key replacement services available for all vehicle makes and models?
- Reputable locksmiths can provide car key replacement services for a wide range of vehicle makes and models, including luxury and high-end cars.
Can a car key be replaced without the original key as a reference?
- In some cases, especially with modern cars, a professional locksmith can create a replacement key without the original key.
How much does a car key replacement cost?
- The cost of car key replacement varies depending on factors like key type, make and model of the vehicle, and whether key programming is required. Basic key replacements can start at around 80£, while more complex keys may cost several hundred £ .
Can I get a replacement for my keyless entry remote?
- Yes, you can get a replacement for a keyless entry remote. These can often be programmed to work with your vehicle.
What should I do if I break my car key in the ignition?
- Do not attempt to remove the broken key yourself, as this can damage the ignition. Contact a professional locksmith who can safely extract the key and provide a replacement.
Can I get a spare car key even if I haven’t lost my original key?
- Yes, it’s a good idea to have a spare key even if you haven’t lost your original key. A spare key can save you from potential lockout situations.
Is it possible to get a replacement key for a vintage or classic car?
- Yes, replacement keys can often be created for vintage or classic cars, although it may require specialized services to replicate the key.
What is the process for replacing a transponder key?
- Replacing a transponder key involves cutting the key blade to match your car’s ignition and programming the transponder chip to communicate with the car’s security system.
Can a locksmith replace a key for a luxury or high-end vehicle?
- Yes, professional locksmiths can provide key replacement services for luxury and high-end vehicles. They often have the necessary equipment and expertise.
Are car key replacements covered by insurance?
- Some auto insurance policies may cover the cost of car key replacement, but it depends on your policy and the circumstances of the key loss.
Can I replace a car key myself, or should I always consult a professional locksmith?
- While some simple key replacements can be done yourself, modern car keys often require professional locksmith services, especially for programming.
What is the difference between OEM and aftermarket car keys?
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) keys are made by the vehicle’s manufacturer and are often considered more reliable. Aftermarket keys are produced by third-party manufacturers and can be more affordable but may vary in quality.
What can I do to prevent the need for car key replacement?
- To avoid the need for car key replacement, consider having a spare key, keeping your keys in a safe place, and periodically checking the condition of your keys to address any issues before they become critical.
Can a damaged car key be repaired, or is replacement the only option?
- In some cases, a damaged car key can be repaired. Simple issues like a broken key blade can often be fixed. However, if the key’s internal electronics or transponder is damaged, it may need to be replaced.
When should I consider repairing a damaged key instead of replacing it?
- Repairing a key is a cost-effective option when the damage is minor, such as a broken key blade. Replacement is usually necessary when the key’s internal components are damaged.
Is it possible to reprogram a key that has stopped working?
- Yes/ No , keys that have stopped working due to programming issues can often be reprogrammed to work with your vehicle.
What is the typical warranty on a newly replaced car key?
- Warranties for newly replaced car keys can vary by service provider. It’s a good idea to inquire about the warranty terms when getting a replacement key.
Can I replace or repair a key fob for keyless ignition systems?
- Yes, key fobs for keyless ignition systems can often be replaced or repaired by professional locksmiths.
Are there any safety concerns with car key replacements?
- Safety concerns are minimal with professional car key replacements. However, it’s essential to work with reputable locksmiths to ensure the security of your vehicle.
How do I ensure the security of my vehicle after getting a replacement key?
- To ensure vehicle security, it’s important to properly store your keys and promptly address any issues with your locking system. Additionally, work with trusted locksmiths.
Can I replace a key for a car with a push-button start system?
- Yes, car keys for vehicles with push-button start systems can be replaced. Professional locksmiths can create and program these keys.
What should I do if I’ve lost both sets of car keys for my vehicle?
- If you’ve lost both sets of car keys, contact a professional locksmith immediately. They can assist in creating new keys and, if necessary, reprogramming your vehicle’s security system.
If you have more specific questions about car key replacement and repairs, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experts for personalized assistance.